Thursday, May 1, 2014

Things I Love Thursday

Audrey of Frassy looks fab on the Spanish coast in her beach ensemble. I can't pretend that I love swimming or the whole bikini-beach culture, but I miss the feeling of sand between my toes. This is definitely my idea of the perfect summer day at the beach outfit.

I'm in love with this incredible crop top by ElmaShop. You must go take a look at the cross back detailing. In awe!

Cut Out + Keep (where I recently guest posted!) featured this tutorial for making toggle branch buttons. Wah! I'm definitely going to have to make these. SO COOL, and tugging at my Minnesotan roots.

I need this on my wall! via Olivia of Phantograms

I originally skipped over this post at The Merrythought when it popped up on my Bloglovin' feed simply because children don't really apply to my life at the moment. But I went back to see the photos and this little girl immediately brightened my day. It's good to see such simple, free, childish joy. That's not something that's in my life as much as I wish it were. Plus, look how chic her outfit is with the suede moccasins & the lace kimono!

 A friend directed me to this article at Bustle about personal style blogging & narcissism. I'm often a bit embarrassed about my blog for the simple fact that I don't want people to think I'm narcissistic & completely full of myself & nothing else. The author, Olivia, pretty much hit the nail on the head with this explanation.

 This is a little old, but I only just stumbled upon it. A wealthy woman who fled France during Hitler's reign & never returned (but continued to pay rent on her flat there) died, and her apartment in France was opened up for the first time since 1942. Everything was preserved beautifully. Take a look at the photos for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. hadn't seen the thing about the French woman, that is SO cool. almost eerie, in a way, too. I don't know how you find this stuff but your "round-ups" are always so unique! thanks for sharing.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Of North! I write my blog very thoughtfully and with tremendous love, so all comments are read and taken to heart. Please note that I retain the right to remove any comments which I find to be rude, petty, or unnecessarily negative. Of North is a happy space and I appreciate it if comments reflect that same positivity!