Thursday, May 8, 2014

Things I Love Thursday

I'm obsessed with this snap of Veronica at Les Tuileries in Paris. It's so fun - black, white, and red is timeless, but the proportions, the mix of large & small polka dots, and the funky hat & shades make this infinitely interesting & playful - all while staying classic.

I love this look by Ella Catliff of La Petite Anglaise. It's young & funky while keeping a classic silhouette, and who doesn't love a good in-your-face graphic tee?

This look by Marina of Young, Gifted, & Black popped up in my Pinterest feed and immediately grabbed my attention. The skirt & bow tie match. Come on, how cool is that! This is totally the type of thing I'd wear to work.

I'm okay at sewing, but stretchy knits have always been too daunting without a serger. Annika of The Pineneedle Collective whipped up a quick little tutorial on how to craft a crop top from an old tee shirt. Crop top season is upon us and I have so many over-sized tees to do this with!

 This collection of macro photos of snails by photographer Vyacheslav Mishchenko makes me smile all over. I've always thought snails were cute, but these photos just give me a whole new respect & curiosity for the creatures. Meow!

 A friend posted this Buzzfeed article of 16 Ridiculous Lines from "Law & Order: SVU" and it's hilarious. I don't watch SVU because of the nature of the content (I'm die-hard for the original Law & Order though), but even so, these one-liners are unbelievably funny.

 I've been re-designing the blog a little bit. The current header was only supposed to be temporary while I waited on an illustrated one, but my designer disappeared on me & the temp one has been up long enough. A new header & more design changes are coming, but in the meantime, let me know what you think so far!

 I've also changed my Twitter handle as part of the re-branding. Make sure you're following me at @of__north (quite frankly, you should be following me on Twitter already, & if you're not then you're missing out on my endless wit)

2 comments:

  1. I love all three of those outfits. I was loving the last one with the matching bow tie and skirt when I saw it on Pinterest too. So cute!
    P.S. I'll be writing up my home post for you soon. I promise I didn't forget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha good, I was going to email you in about two weeks with a follow up, but now I won't have to! Make sure you get your school work & stuff done for your own blog first though!

      Delete

Thank you for reading Of North! I write my blog very thoughtfully and with tremendous love, so all comments are read and taken to heart. Please note that I retain the right to remove any comments which I find to be rude, petty, or unnecessarily negative. Of North is a happy space and I appreciate it if comments reflect that same positivity!